Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Canada

Blogger is finally letting me post pictures, so here's a recap of my Canada trip......

I spent a night in Seattle before heading across the border.....a picture from the pier.....Seattle is awesome. I spent the evening walking along the pier doing some shopping, and eating seafood. I don't even like seafood, but for some reason it tastes better when it's fresh :)



The next stop was the Okanagan Valley....in Vernon, BC. We didn't have too much time to hang out here but I managed to take this pic from where we ate dinner. We ate at an awesome restaurant called the Blue Herring that was right on the water, and people would just drive their boats up and get out to eat there. The restaurant had a fantastic view.....



And finally, Vancouver. We didn't actually stay in Vancouver, we stayed in Richmond which is just outside of Vancouver, but we spend a little time walking around the city one afternoon. The architecture there was awesome; a lot of their buildings were circular and there were several that looked like they were made mostly of glass.

We took a trolley ride that drove us around Stanley Park.....The view of the city from the park....

If you look closely, you can see the gas station in the middle of the water. Coming from a state that is completely landlocked, this intrigues me :)


Overall, I had a fabulous trip to Canada. I wish I had a little more time to hang out there, but I guess that just means I'll have to go back sometime soon. Everyone I met from Canada was extremely nice....even the lady that sat next to me on the plane ride home offered me half of her sandwich! This may seem like a trivial thing, but honestly it was very refreshing and reassuring to know that there are still polite and friendly people out there. Sometimes I forget these things on an everyday basis........


And finally, when I got home I got to hang out with this kid.....

......who is now off of oxygen and, as of tomorrow, will be 0!! (his original due date was July 27, so even though technically he's almost 8 weeks old, we still consider him in the negative numbers until tomorrow :) )

Much Love!


4 comments:

Greta Adams said...

glad you had a great time and fab pics

Jamie said...

Omg, the babe. I love love that. He's so cute. :) I love that he's 0 today!!! Hee!

I'm totally digging that picture of the bridge yo! Love, love!

Anonymous said...

great seattle pictures, you are right seafood does taste better here! looks like you had a great time in Vancouver, Stanley park is the best!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I would LOVE to go to Canada- I'm jealous!