Thursday, June 22, 2006

Love this city......


This may be my new favorite place ever. It's definitely in my top 3 :) I was in Chicago a few weeks ago for work, and decided to go a couple days early and stay a couple extra days so that I could tour the city since it was my first time there. It's an absolutely gorgeous city with awesome buildings and fun people. I had the best time there......here are some of the highlights:

Love the Skyline......

Reminds me of Married with Children!
I wish we had gorgeous buildings like this.....
I admit it, win or lose, I love the Cubs.

College roommate, haven't seen her in years!

Loved the tulips all over the city....


And I love this guy for showing me around town and sitting through the Cubs game with me!!

So there ya go. The city that I absolutely adore, and I can't wait until I can go back! I had the best time there, going to the bars, walking around town, and going to the aquarium (which is awesome!! so much better than Denvers :) ) I somehow missed the giant bean sculpture which I am very sad about. I guess now I'll HAVE to go back.......Oh yeah, and I had my first authentic Chicago dog. It was really late at night and it's all a blur, but apparently I was fairly concerned about the bright neon color of the relish and also dropped my pickle on the table. I hate it when that happens......

6 comments:

Mara said...

Hey Chicago lady!! Yay!!
So glad you had fun here.
That pizza looks really good and NOT chicago-ish. Where's it from?
And the bean... yep, def gotta come back. :)

Mara said...

oh and the late night dog - was it from Weiner Circle? ya, I am making Jamie go there...

Jamie said...

I haven't seen any of those pics yet, yay!!!

How cute is Greg. So cute. ;)

We need to go back there together at some point. To hang with Mara and Greg. :)

So...you-a....gonna scrap those pics anytime soon??? Bwahahaha!!! :P

Greta Adams said...

I am jealous...i just told the hubby i want to go on vacation this year....i think we are going to Jamaica though

Queue_t said...

I heard that it is the windy city though- so you might not like it in cold wet weather...

Denver has nice weather.

looks like you had a great time though- yeah that relish being neon would freak me out too.

QT

sarah said...

nice photos! :)
I've always wanted to go to chicago . . .
but even more after reading Mara & Kelly P's blogs.